Why Publish With JeDEM?
- Open access – JeDEM publishes your work free from access barriers, allowing for global distribution and more citations.
- Free of charge – Submitting to and publishing in JeDEM is not tied to any processing charges or APCs (fair open access).
- Peer-reviewed – JeDEM offers a rigorous double-blind peer-review for research articles by experts in the field
- Rapid publishing process – JeDEM offers a quick online publishing process while maintaining high academic standards. We aim for a one-month peer review period and publish two issues per year.
- Ongoing submissions – You can submit to JeDEM throughout the year.
- Licensing – JeDEM content is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Austria (CC BY 3.0), allowing for distribution of your work.
- Archiving policies – All articles are archived with LOCKKS You can deposit your paper in any repository or archive, and post articles on your personal or institutional websites.
- Indexing - Once published, your article will be comprehensively indexed within Scopus, EBSCO, DOAJ, Google scholar, and the Public Knowledge Project metadata harvester.
- DOIs – Each article is identified with a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
- Post-publication statistics - Metrics shown with each article make it easy to check how often your paper is being downloaded via JeDEM's website and how often it is being mentioned and shared through social media.
- Add supplementary material - You can make data sets, protocols, large illustrations, videos, questionnaires etc. available to readers alongside your article.
- Established journal within the e-governance and e-democracy community - JeDEM is recognized within the scientific community and supported by leading scholars in the field.
- Paper categories and re-use policy - JeDEM also accepts submissions in the categories project descriptions and reflections. These sections are not peer-reviewed and can be extended and re-used for further publication, e.g. as regular peer-reviewed journal article.